Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hot Toys - DX05 - Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark): 1/6th scale Indiana Jones Collectible Figure

Hot Toys - DX05 - Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark): 1/6th scale Indiana Jones Collectible Figure

Alright, so here it is.. the first Hot Toys Harrison Ford head sculpt! Failure. I'm in no way trying to be harsh, I'm just saying. I thought this was going to be absolutely spot on.. I was wrong. To me, the head sculpt only looks correct from certain angles. Others not so much. As for now, I will have to pass on this release. Shame! I'm still definitely looking forward to seeing their recently announced Star Wars license. Help us Hot Toys Ltd., you're our only hope (I kid, I kid.. Sideshow rocks!).

Back to Indy, the first picture shows the best resemblance. The next reveals the obvious problematic areas (Hat sits too high, likeness slightly off, thick neck and baggy clothes). Everything else looks very nice. I really like the inter-changeable hair styles (I noticed they're doing this with RE4: Afterlife Alice too). As well as all the many accessories.

On a final note, it seems like it still needs something more. Considering it's a DX and has a price tag of almost $250.00USD, it just feels overly priced and overall lacking. Come to think of it, I wonder if Sideshow Collectible's involvement had anything to do with all the flaws in this product? You never know. Like I said before: MINE? Nope. Enjoy the images.












Photo Credit: Respective Owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment