Monday, January 24, 2011

Sideshow Collectibles - G.I. Joe: 1/6th Stalker (Sneak Peek)

Sideshow Collectibles - G.I. Joe: 1/6th Stalker (Sneak Peek)

I've been a fan of G.I. Joe ever since I can remember, so the fact that Sideshow Collectibles has started producing 1/6th figures for this franchise is just neat. As excited as I was, up until Beachhead - I wasn't really "feeling" the majority of the characters for one reason or another. After ordering and receiving my Sideshow Exclusive version of Beachhead (With totally awesome extra Portrait and Beret!), I have found the urge to track down a few of the earlier releases. Specifically, Sideshow Exclusive versions of: Duke, Cobra Commander and a Red Ninja or two. Everything else is not worth it to me at this point.

Truth be told, I really wanted to pick up Cobra Commander - the reason I didn't being: I was a bit sour at first about SSC choosing to make the hooded "KKK" version over my preferred "Mirror Mask" style. I'm a relatively young collector and I grew up on the 1985 Sunbow produced Movie/Show (Yes, Cobra La is amazingly mind-blowing. lol.), so of course those are the versions I would be most satisfied with.

Anyways, Sideshow Collectibles should be releasing the preview pictures for Stalker tomorrow (January 25th, 2011) and those of you who have more interest in this character should be excited! Me? I'm waiting for General Hawk! Plus I want more main Cobra characters, such as Destro, Dr. Mindbender and Zartan. As for the troops? An orange & blue Alley Viper (Including removable helmet & flip-up visor with H.U.D. inside!) would be my dream come true, but I doubt it'll ever happen. At least they remade him in 3-3/4th size, GO HASBRO! Also, a Range Viper would be wicked too! So, final verdict: Stalker will not be.. MINE! Can't wait to see the official pictures though, maybe they'll change my mind.. lol. Sike.

















Photo Credit: Respective Owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment